Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or recall you've establish a bug, this is the place to exist.

p2tu
Snes9x White Chugalug
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

I have generic noname USB gamepad.
Information technology works in windows (win7 64) and in other games that support gamepad.

It even works when mapping snes9x one.51 controls but it wont piece of work when I enter game...
I have also tried with snes9x i.53, no luck.

Whatsoever suggestions, ideas?
Or I have to buy Logitech gamepad? :)

User avatar

OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Aug thirty, 2007 x:15 pm

Postal service past OV2 »

Is input set to "Use SNES Joypad(south)"? Is the Joypad enabled (in the input configuration)? Does it piece of work with jump keyboard buttons?

p2tu
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: iv
Joined: Friday Jan 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Post by p2tu »

Yes, yep and aye.

I but tried to disable nod32 and still no result.
I have too tried compatibility manner xp sp3, vista, run as administrator.

User avatar

OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Aug thirty, 2007 x:xv pm

Post by OV2 »

Could you upload your snes9x.conf file somewhere?

p2tu
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: four
Joined: Fri January twenty, 2012 12:29 pm

Post by p2tu »

User avatar

OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 ten:15 pm

Post by OV2 »

You've mapped your controller to Joypad 3 - is that what yous want? You have to employ Joypad 1 for normal SNES games.

If you indeed want to use it as Joypad 3 (eg. for actor 3 in Bomberman) you'll have to select "Use Super Multitap (5-Player)", otherwise only ii Joypads will be used.

p2tu
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri January 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Mail by p2tu »

Unbelievable! Thank you! As Joypad 1 it'due south working!

I already tried VirtuaNES and there controller 3 is working as gamepad, strange? :)

Anyway, thanks again and I hope information technology volition help others also :)

User avatar

OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:15 pm

Post by OV2 »

The "Joypads" in Snes9x correspond the real SNES joypads. So joypad ane is the one in the left controller port, joypad 2 is the on on the right, and subsequently ones are those plugged into a multitap. If you map your gamepad to joypad iii, information technology is at present one of those plugged into the multitap - thus well-nigh snes games do not react to its button presses.

babosayshi
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: i
Joined: Wed November 20, 2013 one:00 am

Re: Gamepad non working in games (mapping works!)

Mail service by babosayshi »

chrizdekok wrote:I too take a Xbox360 controller and the solution above didn't piece of work BUT the problem was quite similar. The exact contrary to exist more precise :)
Map the buttons of gamepad 3 instead of gamepad one.

@hank you so much! I signed up merely to say that because I had no thought how to get my 360 controller to work. Thanks!!!

knuckles2007
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Post by knuckles2007 »

same as others, but i use an afterglow xbox 360 game controller. the mapping works but the games don't recognize the controller. though it works with other emulators. just not snes9x. and i really practice enjoy 9x and not the other emulators.

kek
Snes9x White Chugalug
Posts: 2
Joined: Wednesday Jan 28, 2015 11:42 am

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Post past kek »

knuckles2007 wrote:same every bit others, but i use an afterglow xbox 360 game controller. the mapping works but the games don't recognize the controller. though it works with other emulators. merely not snes9x. and i actually do enjoy 9x and not the other emulators.

If you are using Linux, the following steps solved my problem viewtopic.php?f=half dozen&t=6837#p52259

Sweeet!

jthedj
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec thirty, 2015 2:18 am

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Post by jthedj »

so I'k running a mac and 1.53 version,
if i map the tertiary controller it controls 1P equally well as one control controls 1P. control ii doesn't practise anything using on multi tap and justifiers single and dual ports. is this a code trouble or am i useless???

Doman
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan fourteen, 2016 ii:03 am

Re: Gamepad non working in games (mapping works!)

Post by Doman »

Downloaded snes9x on windows 10, controller works, simply isn't registering.
information technology automatically configures to joypad 1, so i tried changing to joypad 3, but whenever i try, it doesn't seem to permit me, considering I'llchange information technology and and so when i get back into inout settings, it'due south back at joypad 1. any ideas?

MallocArray
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: one
Joined: Midweek Mar 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Postal service past MallocArray »

@Nachtklavier Thanks for the tip on the x86 version vs x64.

I'm using Win 10 x64 with Xbox 360 wireless controller and while I could map the buttons for either Joy1 or Joy3, neither would actually work in a game. Changing over to the win32 x86 version I could still map and information technology worked perfectly as Joy1.

jessvass1973
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Re: Gamepad non working in games (mapping works!)

Mail by jessvass1973 »

Hi Guys,

Simply joined the forum to see if anyone can shed any low-cal on my issue. I have an autistic 9 year one-time son and have purchased him a generic controller from Amazon.
The link to the controller is here.....https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/production/B00 ... UTF8&psc=one
I run Windows x 64 bit edition and my little boys laptop runs windows 7 64 flake. I have tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of snes9x with no success.
I have tried irresolute the input configuration to joypad 3 merely information technology changes back to one once more. The gamepad shows upward in devices on windows settings ok and allows
me to calibrate it. I have no idea what else I can do. Tin anyone help at all please?

James

therazorsedge
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:eighteen pm

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Post by therazorsedge »

jessvass1973 wrote:I run Windows ten 64 bit edition and my little boys laptop runs windows 7 64 bit. I accept tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of snes9x with no success.
I have tried changing the input configuration to joypad iii but it changes back to i again. The gamepad shows up in devices on windows settings ok and allows
me to calibrate information technology. I have no idea what else I can do. Can anyone help at all please?

I had a similar problem. Gamepad is seen as a HID-compliant device by Windows 10, and SNES9X will configure information technology as Joypad easily.

The application obviously receives input because the mapping menu responds to push button presses on the gamepad. Once information technology is configured, however, SNES9X does non respond to any inputs.

I was able to resolve past changing the post-obit selection in the snes9x.conf file:

Code: Select all

                  Handler:Groundwork        = ON         # on to detect keyboard hotkeys when in the background. May touch on functioning and decrease responsiveness.                

The default was OFF. I take seen no bug with operation or responsiveness in spite of the warning.